Maintaining Your Visa
To maintain your visa status:
- Keep your passport valid at all times during your stay in the United States. You must also maintain full-time enrollment status and continue to make normal full-time progress toward your degree or certificate.
- Maintain health insurance at all times for yourself and your dependents.
- Be sure you meet eligibility criteria before you transfer to another school or program within the U.S.
- Report any change of address to the United States government. See the following link for more information. http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/types/types_1268.html
- Make sure you have a re-entry signature on your I-20 or DS2019/IAP-66 before leaving to travel outside the U.S., and ensure that you have a valid student visa upon your return.
In addition, students holding an F-1 visa may work on campus only if they maintain legal student status and do not accept off-campus employment of any kind without proper authorization from the Immigration and Naturalization Service. A non-immigrant who accepts unauthorized employment is subject to deportation.